Request for Funding Proposal (RFP)
Attention applicants: the form is now available as a word document.
The Alabama Community College System (ACCS), Adult Education Division (AE) is requesting proposals for funding from eligible providers to develop, implement, and improve adult education and literacy activities within the State by establishing or operating programs to provide a comprehensive service model for adult education and literacy services, including programs that provide such activities concurrently. This funding is made available through the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA), Title II, Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA). The Request for Proposal (RFP), instructions and general information apply to all of the following grant opportunities:
- Adult Education & Family Literacy Act (AEFLA), WIOA, Section 231
- Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE), WIOA, Section 243
An organization must be considered an eligible provider to receive federal adult basic education funding. An “eligible provider” is defined as an organization that has demonstrated effectiveness in providing adult education and literacy activities. These organizations may include, but are not limited to (as provided in WIOA Title II Section 203(5): 34 CFR 463.23):
- A local educational agency,
- A community-based organization or faith-based organization,
- A volunteer literacy organization,
- An institution of higher education,
- A public or private nonprofit agency,
- A library,
- A corrections or institutionalized agency,
- A public housing authority,
- A nonprofit institution not described in (a) through (g) of this section and has the ability to provide adult education and literacy activities to eligible individuals,
- A consortium or coalition of the agencies, organizations, institutions, libraries, or authorities described in (a) through (h) of this section; and
- A partnership between an employer and an entity described (a) through (j) of this section.
|Release of RFP to prospective entities||February 24, 2021|
|Bidder’s Webinar||March 5, 2021|
|Deadline: Grant Proposals due to ACCS, Adult Education Division||April 5, 2021 4:00pm CST|
|Review of Proposals by Local Workforce Development Boards and Review Committee (ACCS AE has a process in place for the WDB Board Review. ACCS AE will forward all proposals to the WDBs for review, based on the internal process found on the RFP website.)||April 5, 2021 – May 7, 2021|
|Deadline: LWDBs and Review Committee Results – comments to AE||May 7, 2021|
|AE conducts final review and makes final determination for awarding funding||May 7 – 21, 2021|
|Official Competition Result Notification to all Applicants||May 21, 2021|
|WIOA Adult Education Grant Period Begins||October 1, 2021|
Bidder’s Conference Webinar
The purpose of the Bidder’s Conference is to answer questions to clarify the RFP requirements and provide supplemental information to assist potential eligible applicants in submitting responses to the RFP. While the conference is not mandatory, interested parties are strongly encouraged to participate.
March 5, 2021, 9:30AM – 11:30 AM, Central Standard Time
Meeting ID: 992 9270 2089One tap mobile+13017158592,,99292702089# US (Washington DC)+13126266799,,99292702089# US (Chicago)
Preparing and Submitting the Application
Proposal Submission Requirements:
Applicants must submit four (4) complete copies of the RFP package.
- One (1) electronic copy emailed in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three (3) paper copies bearing original signatures in BLUE Ink
Mail Paper Copies to:
Alabama Community College System
Adult Education Division
Attn: David Walters
135 S Union St.
Montgomery, AL 36104
Deadline for Submission is April 5, 2021, no later than 4:00 p.m. CT
Proposals must be submitted in the format and content specified in these instructions.
- The signature page must include original signatures of the lead organization/fiscal agent.
- No hand written proposals will be accepted.
- Incomplete proposal packages will not be considered.