Application Requirements for Employment
To ensure full consideration of your credentials for positions of interest, please follow the guidelines below when completing an application for employment:
- Your application MUST be completed in its entirety to be given full consideration. This includes all degrees awarded, institutions attended, work history, and credentials. “See Resume” will not be accepted in lieu of application completion.
- Incomplete applications will be disqualified. Please complete each item thoroughly. Resumes are a required attachment, but not a substitute for the completion of the application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all required information and documents are provided.
- List each employer and/or position held separately. Be sure to include your duties for each position when you worked for one employer and held more than one position.
- As you describe your work history, make sure you highlight your competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and work behaviors) which demonstrate your qualifications for the position for which you are applying.
- Once the application has been submitted to a particular posting, NO additional changes to the application can be made. Please be sure everything is completed and attached before final submission. After twenty-four hours you may submit a revised application. The most recent complete application will be advanced to the hiring agent.
References, including names, contact information, and relationship, are required at the time of application. You must include professional references only, preferably past, or current supervisors.
Unofficial transcripts from institutions granting credit relevant to the requirements of the position MUST be electronically attached to your application to be considered for interview. Applications submitted with transcripts that do not list a conferred degree awarded will not be considered.
Documentation of required educational requirements stated in the vacancy notice must be electronically attached to your application to be considered for an interview.
NOTE: Copies of college diplomas or other grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts. IMPORTANT! Transcripts from a college website may be accepted if they clearly indicate the name of the institution, student’s name, and degree conferral date (if applicable).
Transcripts from international institutions will not be considered. International degree evaluations consisting of a course-by-course analysis must be attached in lieu of transcripts for degrees earned outside the United States. For information on international degree evaluation providers please see the Transcript Guidelines.
Transcript Guidelines for Employment
- Unofficial transcripts may include photocopies of official transcripts or transcripts stamped “Issued to Student.”
- Copies of college diplomas or other grade reports will notbe accepted as unofficial transcripts. IMPORTANT! Transcripts from a college website may be accepted if they clearly indicate the name of the institution, student’s name, and degree conferral date (if applicable).
- If you have not attended college, you must submit high school diploma or GED certificate showing that you have graduated.
The System Office accepts international degree evaluations only from National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) members. For a complete list of organization members visit http://naces.org/members.html.